Dark chocolate cupcakes with Peanut Butter Icing
For all our Peanut Butter lovers out there - this is for you!
100gms dark sugar free chocolate. I used Sweet William but you can also get a Healtheries brand
50gms cacao butter
½ cup coconut cream
160gms butter or butter alternative. I use olivani.
½ cup of cocoa or raw cacao powder
1 cup gluten free flour blend**
½ tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
½ cup rice syrup
1 tsp molasses
¼ cup coconut sugar
1/8 tsp of xanthum gum
1kg Brown Rice Flour from Bin Inn
500gms Cornmeal Flour 1 bag from countdown
175gms Tapioca Flour(Arrowroot Flour) 1 container from countdown
Peanut Butter Frosting
½ cup peanut butter I used crunchy
100gm sugar free chocolate
¼ tsp pink salt
1. Combine butter, chocolate, cacao butter and cocoa in medium heatproof bowl. Set bowl over saucepan containing barely simmering water; heat mixture until butter and chocolate are melted and whisk until smooth and combined.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs combine; add sugar, vanilla, and salt and whisk until fully incorporated. Add cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Sift one-third of flour mixture over chocolate mixture and whisk until combined; whisk in coconut cream until combined, then sift remaining flour mixture over and whisk until batter is completely combined.
4. Divide the batter evenly among cupcake cases. Fill to about 1/2cm from top of cupcake cases. Bake until skewer inserted into centre of cupcakes comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
5. Cool cupcakes in muffin pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove the cupcakes and set on wire rack to cool to room temperature before icing, about 30 minutes.
6. Peanut Butter Frosting: Place the white chocolate, peanut butter, vanilla and salt in the bowl over the simmering pot. Melt the ingredients together. Place a dollop of icing on each cupcake. Alternatively, you can use smooth peanut butter and pipe.
Professional icing. How I wish mine looked.......
Aaaaaaaaand here is my pitiful excuse of icing. Practice needed I think!